Knowledge is power....here is a list of trusted resources to help you on your journey.
- An Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Workbook: The Two of US by Veronica Kallos-Lilly and Jennifer Fitzgerald
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson, Ed.D.
- Attached. The New Science of Adult Attachment and how it can help you find—and keep—love by Amir Levine, M.D. and Rachel S.F. Heller, M.A.
- Created for Connection: The "Hold Me Tight" Guide for Christian Couples by Dr. Sue Johnson with Kenneth Sanderfer
- Podcast- “The Couch- Where Marriage Counselors Have Conversations About Relationships”
- Gottman Institute: Marriage Minute https://www.gottman.com/the-marriage-minute/
- Not “Just Friends” Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity by Shirley Glass
- Out of the Doghouse (A Step-by-Step Relationship Guide to Men Caught Cheating) by Robert Weiss, LCSW, CSAT-S
- After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner has Been Unfaithful by Janis Abrahms Spring, Ph.D.
- Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D.
- Your Brain on Porn: Internet Pornography and the Emerging Science of Addiction by Gary Wilson
- Always Turned On: Facing Sex Addiction in the Digital Age by Robert Weiss, MSW and Jennifer Schneider, MD., PhD
- Mending a Shattered Heart: A Guide for Partners of Sex Addicts by Stefanie Carnes, Ph.D.
- Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts
- YouTube: “Everything You Know About Addiction is Wrong” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs
- CoDepending No More by Melodie Beattie
- Prodependency: Moving Beyond Codependency by Rob Weiss, P.D.
- Overcoming Addiction in Relationships: An Attachment Perspective by Lori Epting, LPC
- No Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel, MD and Tina Payne Bryson, PhD
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegal, MD and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- The Gottman Insititute: https://www.gottman.com/parents/
- Breaking Free from Emotional Eating by Ganeen Roth
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works by Evelyn Tribole M.S., R.D. and Elyse Resch, M.S., R.D., F.A.D.A.
Talking to Kids About Divorce
- Young kids: Dinosaurs Divorce by Marc Brown and Laurie Krasny Brown
- For girls: A Smart Girl's Guide to Her Parents' Divorce: How to Land on Your Feet When Your World Turns Upside Down (American Girl) by Nancy Holyoke
- Helping Children Cope with Divorce by Edward Teyber
- What About the Kids?: Raising Your Children Before, During, and After Divorce by Judith S. Wallerstein